Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: New Tripod

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was going to spend about 150.00 on the tripod...what I meant in my post was that it would probably cost me 30.00 more buying it in a camera store than on the net..sorry for the confusion!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    got my new tripod yesterday from the camera store...ended up falling in love with a bogen/monfrotto that had a 3-d camera head...that baby does everything...i have much more precise movement control than with my old tripod....I'm glad Alex rooted for the quick release heads...I ended up getting that, and glad I did...I am now looking forward to filming super 8, taking slides and videotaping with my new cool tripod after I move in a few weeks! Oh, I did spend about 210.00 with tax ,but I got a tripod I really loved...and I bought it from the camera store after the sales guy spent a fair amount of time helping me...

  3. #13
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post



    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 30, 2003 10:45 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font>

  4. #14
    TA 152
    Guest TA 152's Avatar


    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 28, 2003 04:38 AM: Message edited by: S8 Booster ]</font>

  5. #15
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by MikeyB:
    got my new tripod yesterday from the camera store...ended up falling in love with a bogen/monfrotto that had a 3-d camera head...that baby does everything...i have much more precise movement control than with my old tripod....I'm glad Alex rooted for the quick release heads...I ended up getting that, and glad I did...I am now looking forward to filming super 8, taking slides and videotaping with my new cool tripod after I move in a few weeks!</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    It looks from the picture that S-8 booster provided that you can adjust the tripod head angle as needed via the center column. (or however you say it). I hope you were able to get three plates so that you can keep them on each camera that you shoot with at all times. Then you'll really love the quick release.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The tripod itself is a Bogen-Monfrotto, model 3001BN. The tripod head is a Bogen 3047 Deluxe 3 way Pan head. I did get 2 extra quick release heads, which are now mounted on my super 8 camera and 35mm still camera too.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's a picture of the tripod and head at B and H Photo...I paid about 45 more since I bought it at a camera store, but being able to see, feel, touch the merchandise before I bought it was more important to me than price when it came to a tripod... Tripod with Head

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    S8 booster...cool tripod!!! I especially like the center supports between the tripod legs to add stability...very nice!

  9. #19
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OOPS. My bad. S-8 Booster's tripod has the adjustable center column. (but probably costs a lot) It's a very useful feature when you want to instantly level your camera in rocky terrain.

    Mikey B's tripod looks to be a good value.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a more expensive version that has more heavy duty tripod legs..I opted for the less expensive version since I was trying to keep within a budget, and the one I bought was very sturdy as it is...but if one were to use a heavier camera, one might want the tripod with the thicker legs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •